Organising department’s mandate is to promote awareness of labour and civic rights and to mobilize support for FFAWUZ positions on related issues with the following objectives-
- •To build a viable, strong and bigger affiliates.
- •To achieve 100% unionization in the food sector.
- •To promote “constitutional discipline” among affiliates and general membership.
- •To establish labour and civic programmes that bear on the welfare of the worker.
- •To advise leadership on worker issues that require action.
- •To translate leadership and congress resolutions into action (plans).
- •To prepare project proposals and budgets for organising activities.